We aren’t exactly offering Santa’s mailbag, but the December 2013 edition of The Columnist has plenty of reading for columnists and bloggers:
- Donahue, Scottoline Headline Bombeck Workshop — That’s Phil and Lisa, respectively, along with dozens of top experts who will speak on humor, writing and humor writing — and marketing and publishing, as well.
- Career Longevity Needs a Sense of Purpose — NSNC ex-President Suzette Standring finds commonality between op-ed (opposite editorial) opinion writers and lighter columnists, as a preview to her book.
- Mailing in Columns Risky This Time of Year — NSNC President Eric Heyl examines our temptation to coast through holiday columns.
- ColumnNews — The “World’s Longest Column on Columnists” shows members have been up to good, not naughty.
- Dinting Not Daunting — Ben Pollock’s monthly Daily Diary for December finds fresh ways to keep word counts high.
The Columnist is emailed monthly to members of the National Society of Newspaper Columnists. Want to be on that list of Santa’s? Click our Join or Renew page for information.