Writers attending the June 26-29 conference of the National Society of Newspaper Columnists had something to say about the weekend.
Following are some columns and blog posts, not just about the 38th annual NSNC conference but also about related events, the host city Washington, D.C., and, for Australian member Annie Barr, the host country.
This post will be updated as other columns are published. Please send suggested links to our Contact Form.
- Annie Barr, Behind the Barr — “Avoiding Regrets,” “Five Days in LA,” “The Wonders of Washington DC and the NSNC Conference“
- Amanda Beam, News and Tribune, Jeffersonville, Ind. — “Lessons from a Hope-Filled Room“
- Bill Ervolino, The Record, Bergen, New Jersey — “Drove to and from D.C. Guess Where I Got Lost?”
- Lisa Molinari, The Meat and Potatoes of Life — “Sweet Hospitality NSNC’s Best Asset“
- John Phillip, Sausalito (California) Marin Scope, “Entertain Yourself” [added 7/17/2014]
- Ben Pollock, Brick — “Columnists in the Capital & Beyond,” “Crafting Columns, Getting Them Known“
- Bill Tammeus, Faith Matters — “Finding Faith News Yourself,” “The Necessity of Doubt,” “A Waste or an Inspiration,” “The Place of College Chapels“
- Gene Weingarten Below the Beltway of The Washington Post — “A Solid Achievement“
- Ernie Witham, Ernie’s World, “Tunnel Vision” [added 7/25/2014]
- Jerry Zezima, The Stamford (Connecticut) Advocate — “Mr. Zezima Goes Back to Washington“