The National Society of Newspaper Columnists welcomes article submissions from NSNC members for their monthly newsletter and website. If you’re not a member, become one here.
Articles must follow the following guidelines:
- Articles must be on-topic and relevant (about writing life or give practical advice on writing). To see our editorial calendar for monthly themes, click HERE. Calls for submissions on specific topics will be placed in our monthly newsletter.
- Articles must be between 500-700 words. If you have an idea for a feature-length submission, contact Bonnie Jean Feldkamp at Media@columnists.com with a query letter first. Certain themes will have specific word counts noted in the editorial calendar. Please submit accordingly. We reserve the right to edit for grammar, length, and clarity.
- Articles must be submitted at least 30 days prior to intended publication. For example: December articles need to be submitted no later than November 1st.
- Articles can be submitted by pasting the content of your article within the body of an email and sending it to Bonnie Jean Feldkamp (Media@columnists.com). You may also send a Google Drive link to your article.
- Attachments will not be opened unless they are requested.
- Reprints are welcome. Please tell us when submitting where your submission has appeared prior.
The National Society of Newspaper Columnists feels strongly about compensating for quality content. As we are a member organization for columnists, submissions are restricted to NSNC members and partner organizations only. If your article is accepted for publication, compensation is $50 for original work and $25 for reprints. Writers receive payment 30 days following publication.
The NSNC purchases publication rights for the purpose of publishing the article on its website and monthly newsletter.